Follow the five steps below to build an online
security system that suits you and your situation.
Take the steps one at a time.
Come back here to get your bearings between steps. The
map below will help you navigate as you proceed. The
Online Security Perspective will help you set priorities.
- Pick the multi-layer defense plan that fits your needs, skills and patience.
- Implement the plan you pick. Don't be in
a rush -- take it one element at a time.
- Test your defenses after you get your plan in place.
- Keep your defenses up to date. New viruses, worms, Trojans and other malware
appear on the Internet every day.
- Learn about and remain wary of deception and deceit out there in the Wild Wooly Web.